Pages

Wednesday 11 April 2012

The rise of the Jesus Year

Jenny Sundel arrived in New York last week to attend her brother's wedding. The former Hollywood entertainment reporter had spent the previous year in Paris, eating macarons and posting Hipstamatic images on her Tumblr account. If you type “jesus year” into Google, Ms. Sundel's testimony is what comes up first.
Her restlessness has been optimized, which can't be dismissed at a time when significance is measured by how phrases are ranked by the leading search engines. “It was one of those things you read – you don't even think it's going to be an important thing,” says Ms. Sundel, describing how she came to be a unlikely prophet for adopting the most significant year in Christ's life as a metaphor for personal growth. “I don't know if it was David Carr – I'm kind of addicted to addiction memoirs and I mix them up. Whoever it was, they kicked crack in their Jesus Year. I read it and I was like, Jesus Year? 33? That's how old I'm turning.”         Full Read

No comments:

Post a Comment

free counters

Map