Pages

Sunday 27 May 2012

I went from the Royal Wedding to a prison cell in Los Angeles: Camilla's neice tells of terrifying ordeal at the hands of US justice - over minor driving offence

I am lying on a hard bunk in a prison cell. There is a sinister wailing sound coming from the cell to my left.

Despite wrapping myself in the measly blanket like the Turin Shroud, I am freezing. 
Apparently, they keep it icy cold in jail so that germs don’t spread and I am wearing only a T-shirt, jeans and my Converse trainers – minus the laces, which they confiscated when they ‘processed me’.

What is a nice girl like me doing in a place like this? I went to the Royal Wedding for goodness’ sake.

‘Facebook is like jail. You  sit around a lot and waste time, write on walls and get poked by people you don’t know,’ someone has scrawled on the wall. I hoped that was written by a man.


At the moment, I am in my ‘house’ alone but I could get a ‘cellie’ or cellmate in the morning. Oh yes, I am now down with the jailhouse slang.                More

No comments:

Post a Comment

free counters

Map