Pages

Thursday 17 May 2012

Hi-octane blonde: Russian speeds past stereotypes

Motorsport may still be dominated by the male sex, but Marussia F1’s tester Maria de Villota is not the only female making a noise in a man's world. RT caught up with Russia's Natalya Freidina.

­Blonde, beautiful, and with a need for speed – Russia's Natalya Freidina is causing a stir within the motor racing world.

The Samara native, who has been living in Switzerland for the last eight years, is currently the only woman competing on the FIA GT circuit, and she says it was no coincidence she got into the sport.

“My father wanted a boy, but I was born instead, so I had no choice but to fulfill my dad's dream,” Natalya Freidina explained. “I wasn't really keen on a career in motorsport at the start, but now I am used to it and am really enjoying racing professionally.”

She is currently driving an Aston Martin as she competes in the GT 3 competition, which takes her around various circuits across Europe.                  More

No comments:

Post a Comment

free counters

Map