Pages

Monday 13 February 2012

My online date didn't exist... and the scam cost me my £40,000 life savings

When Vicky Fowkes met a dashing civil engineer on an internet dating site, she thought that she had met her perfect man.

John Hawkins was handsome, had his own business and appeared keen to share every aspect of his past with her. 

But unbeknown to the divorcee, Hawkins did not exist – and she had unwittingly become involved in an online scam which would see her handing over her £40,000 life savings.

Yesterday, the 59-year-old revealed how she is now forced to live off benefits because stress has left her unable to work.

'I have been completely taken in – I  consider myself an intelligent person, so I was very angry with myself and horrendously embarrassed,' she said.   Read Full

No comments:

Post a Comment

free counters

Map