Pages

Sunday 16 October 2011

David Attenborough: I’m lucky to be here

SIR David Attenborough can hardly believe he has reached the ripe old age of 85 despite a not-too-careful lifestyle.

He says: "I look at my friends who are not 80 yet and are in wheelchairs.

"If I could say, 'I've stayed off tobacco, drink and girls, and I've run around Richmond Park before breakfast all my life', you might say I'd earned it. But I haven't done any of those things!"

David also thinks how lucky it is he is not prone to sentimentality.

He eats meat, doesn't believe in God and feels little sorrow seeing a lion making a kill, dismissing it as "the order of the natural world".

But as he crouches by a tranquilised polar bear, stroking its deep fur while experts carry out vital health checks, he admits to being affected by the experience.    Read More

No comments:

Post a Comment

free counters

Map