Pages

Sunday 19 February 2012

How this man caught a 15ft child-killing crocodile called GADDAFI and managed to escape being lynched by the even scarier locals

I flew out from the UK with a blow-up doll in my bag – to use as bait for a killer croc, I hasten to add. You won’t have seen me catch many man-eaters on Channel 4’s Paul O’Grady show, where I did a regular wildlife slot as ‘Safari Pete’. But I do know a bit about how to look after them. So when a giant crocodile killed a 15-year-old boy on Christmas Day in the village of Katwe, near Lake Edward in Uganda, I was asked to join the official hunt.

It was only after landing at Entebbe airport that I truly understood the situation. For a start, there would be no time for crazy experiments with sex toys. We would have to work quickly and decisively, as my friend Julius Abigaba explained when he met me from the flight. The idea was to remove the crocodile to a zoo or reservation. 

But the villagers were fearful and enraged. The last time rangers tried to catch a croc there, the Katwe locals overpowered them, took the beast and chopped it up alive.     Read Full

No comments:

Post a Comment

free counters

Map