Pages

Thursday 5 January 2012

Ruth Jones: ‘I enjoy it when characters love each other’


Success came fairly late for Ruth Jones, which is perhaps why she wears it so lightly. Smart, funny, and refreshingly down-to-earth, she lived in London during her long years as a struggling actress, but since creating the hugely popular BBC comedy Gavin & Stacey with James Corden has moved back to Cardiff – a world away from the paparazzi and showbiz parties, and only a short drive from the seaside town of Porthcawl where she grew up.
“I’ve made a bit of an effort today,” she laughs, gesturing at the rather glamorous silky dress and suede boots she’s wearing to talk about her new Sky1 comedy drama Stella in a London hotel. “But at home, I’m in my pyjama bottoms, hair in a ponytail and no make-up. And I love it. So much more comfortable! I’m in my element when I’m writing. I just sit there all cosy, looking out over the garden.”      Read More

No comments:

Post a Comment

free counters

Map